How can we adapt our plans for Thanksgiving this year so that we are not contributing to the spread of COVID-19? Here is one idea! Join me on Thanksgiving morning at 10:00 a.m. CST for a live virtual concert. We will sing and shake a tail feather together to "The Turkey Trot" and "The Turkey Pokey." You'll find the concert on my Facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/RachelForKids
Here are a few more ideas:
1. Celebrate with the people you live with and plan events in the day to make it fun: watch the parades, sports, play games, plan a virtual visit with friends or family.
2. Coordinate your dinner time with family and friends and dine together virtually.
3. Plan a Thanksgiving walk or a hike in your area.
4. If there is no risk of fires in your community, gather in the evening for a Thanksgiving bonfire.
5. Have a small outdoor meal with family and friends. Limit the number of guests.
6. Write letters of gratitude to others and mail them on Friday.
If you do spend time with people who do not live with you, keep the number of people small, wear a mask, and stay 6 feet apart.